Auditions for the
Open auditions will be held at the Kentucky Ballet Theatre Studios on Sunday, February 12, 2023
Registration will be held from 12:45 p.m. to 1:25 p.m. with a two-hour audition class beginning at 1:30 p.m. There is a $25 audition fee for open auditions - we accept cash, check, or money order.
Dancers should bring the following materials to the open audition:
1. Resume that details performing experience, height, weight, training, and awards received.
2. Dance photos: Two to three different full-body ballet pictures.
3. Performance DVD, video links, or flash drive (no longer than 15 minutes). The recording should provide a good representation of the dancer's classical work, as well as some neoclassical and contemporary styles.
Dancers should submit the following materials for consideration:
1. Resume or CV: Accepted formats include .doc, .docx, and .pdf files. Within the documents, please include your email address, height in feet/inches, date of birth, citizenship (please specify your legal status in the US if applicable), and training and performance experience
2. Headshot & Dance Photo: Accepted formats include .jpg and .pdf files. Please include one headshot and two full-body dance photographs.
3. Links to Video(s): Accepted formats include YouTube and Vimeo links (please provide a password if applicable). Please include a classical variation of the standard repertoire, contemporary work, and studio work (adagio, pirouettes, petite allegro & grand allegro) no longer than 15 minutes
The application fee for DVD/Virtual video submissions is $35 and can be paid via PayPal.
Online submissions need to be sent to email@example.com
Deadlines for online applicants
Applications must be received by March 25, 2023
KBT staff will respond to the applications between April 3-21, 2023
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (859) 252-5245.